Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Video of the Day: Poaching Chicken

Poached chicken is great for so many recipes such as stir fry, fried rice, and any dish that requires chicken as part of a stew or casserole.  

I have a lot of idiosyncrasies. When I cook chicken, one idiosyncrasy that rears its ugly head is seeing bits of ugliness swimming in the broth after the chicken is cooked.  Makes me want to trash the whole dish, and I seem to be the only one who still sees it in the sauce.  

Because I have to eat my cooking, too, I often poach my chicken, and then I strain my broth and use it for future dishes.  My personal pointer: make sure the water is flavorful, then that flavor will infuse into your chicken.  Also, don't over cook the chicken or else it will be tough when added to your dish.

Check out this video on poaching and tell me what you think!  ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment