Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Christmas Season Is Upon Us!



I'm pretty sure we're going to my Uncle Mac's house for dinner, and I'm responsible for a couple sides.  Between my mother and I we're bring 4 sides to feed 20 people...I'm a bit worried...but we'll get it all done, and it will be less tiresome than Thanksgiving!

1.  Quiche Johanne - 4 of these will grace the table. Mom suggested I do one without spinach, but I think it would be too egg-like. The spinach adds body to the dish and takes it out of the brunch realm and into dinner.  The spinach-less option will be a game day decision.

2.  Banan Peze - Some may recognize this side dish as tostones in the Latin cuisine.  Our group will consist of a a Haitian-Trinidadian-Puerto Rican mix at the table, and fried plantains exist in all of our cuisines.  UPDATE: 12/07/2011 - We did a test run tonight and decided the fried plantains, enough for 20, really is too much work...so we've cut it from the menu!

3.  Momma's Potato Salad - My Mother's potato salad gets RAVE reviews! It's a perfect balance between the salt and the sweet! OMG! I've taken her dressing...and have done nothing to it. No rejoojing required!

4.  Veggie Pasta Salad - I made this dish for the first time last year for my Mother's birthday party, and she absolutely went ga-ga over it! I made it again and again ever since.  This will be the first time I've made so much at one time, so I'm a bit nervous...I tend to get nervous very easily over my cooking! HEEHEE... UPDATE: 12/14/2011 - The pasta salad is out but...

5.  Cornbread Dressing - IS ON! My brother is bringing a turkey and this will be a great accompaniment to that turkey! I'm considering Giblet Gravy, but I'm going to let that be a game time decision.

So there's ya have it...not much to do, but still want everyone to enjoy every morsel! I'm excited to get the cooking started and to add the step-by-step pics for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment