Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Garlic Mashed Potato...The Super Side Dish!

I love Garlic Mashed Potato.  It serves as a great side kick to Meatloaf, sits well at any potluck, or can serve as a delicious base for comforting Shepard's Pie.  I know whenever I'm planning any kind of dinner one of the first things I ask myself is: do I need to roast onions or caramelize onions? If the answer is no to either question, then I'm a pretty bummed cook for the day. The smooth subtle taste of garlic sets this dish off...but the use of herb infused half and half instead of mayo or sour cream lightens up the dish. I like when my mashed potato melts in my mouth like cotton candy, albeit kinda heavy cotton candy, but cotton candy nonetheless...

Oh you know where this works well?  Don't laugh, but I smear mashed potatoes on my burgers. UGH! I know!!!  I plot some on the top bun, press just a pinch, and enjoy!  Some day soon I'm going to feature a bunch of burger recipes and I'll have to gross you out with one with mashed potato mushed in one. Mashed Sweet Potato works great in a turkey burger, too...OMG, now I'm getting off topic.

Garlic Mash...I think of done extolling it virtues, but I'm not done eating it...I have some leftover from dinner this evening that I just might tear into!

LET'S GET COOKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment