Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Video of the Day: Caramelizing Onions

Caramelized Onion is an ingredient I use quite often in my recipes. I like to make caramelize sweet onions, especially when they are on sale! I'll buy 4 or 5 lbs, caramelize the entire bunch and store them in the fridge.  I heat and use them as a condiment in burgers and sandwiches or them in my dishes as I need them.  The onions keep for about a month, but I usually use it up quite quickly when I know they are sitting in the fridge calling my name!

Often times I don't list Caramelized Onions in my ingredient list because many people may not want to take the time to cook these off, but this topping is so delicious that I couldn't let you go another day not knowing how to make this yummy condiment!  I wanted to share some of the videos I watched to help take the anxiety out of making this wonderful condiment. My one piece of advice, the longer you can cook it the sweeter and more tender they become. I usually spend an entire hour. Check out my recipe for Caramelized Onion for my ingredients and step by step instructions. I'll be posting pictures for each step soon. Enjoy these videos!




No comments:

Post a Comment