Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Gearing Up for the Holidays!

Thanksgiving came a little early for me this year.  I wanted to test a new entree recipe I found online but tweaked my own delicious enhancements, Turkey Loaf Muffins.  While tweaking and reviewing my recipe I asked myself, "What can I pair with this muffin?" I didn't want the traditional mashed potato and I wanted to do something different than rice and beans (which is a staple in a Haitian-American household).  My Mother suggested sweet potato! What a genius! 

My Mother has been making a roasted sweet potato in a brown sugar glaze for years. Normally, this is a delight reserved just for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and maybe Easter if we were extra good during Lent.  OMG this glaze is DEE-LISH with both turkey and ham, so I decided to learn this dish for myself. But then I got the bright idea that I'd make mashed sweet potato from the roasted sweetened potato...MMMM...

Too bad my stamina went into the toilet quickly some time while the potatoes were boiling. The mashed sweet potato will have to wait for another day. 

Still, all of this talk of sweet potato and turkey has me officially thinking about my menus for the coming holidays.  Thanksgiving is next month, Christmas in December, and New Year's Day's Seafood Extravaganza! I'm going to be a recipe testing fool for the next few weeks. I'M BUBBLING WITH EXCITEMENT!  WHOOOO-HOOOO!!!  I don't wanna serve my guests anything that isn't absolutely PERFECT!

Enjoy these two great recipes, new additions to my cooking arsenal,  Turkey Meat Loaf Muffin and Brown Sugar Glazed Roasted Sweet Potato...DEE-LISH!

NOW, LET'S GET COOKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment