Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chocolate, how much do I love you? Let me count the ways... ~ (paraphrased and rejoojed) Sonnet 43

And of course I'm talking about CHOCOLATE!  Yes, yesterday I waxed poetic about the virtues of all things meat and potato comforting me, but some days I need comfort and I'm too down to cook or need a pick me up while I'm cooking my comfort meal! CHOCOLATE is my go to treat of choice! When my sweetheart knows he screwed up, he knows chocolate is the quickest and most direct way to say, "I'm sorry, and you're right, honey." 

When I was in the rehab facility recovering from a stroke I instituted a Snicker toll to my bedside and had my brother post that on FB for me! My friends all brought Snicker bars! It was around Halloween time, so few extra loving friends brought large bags of Snicker minis instead of the king size that I love so much.  My speech therapist even wheeled me down to the gift shop to buy me her toll! I hid my addiction well from all of my doctors and therapists (I think...well, except my speech therapist). I'm glad they were not my FB friends during that time. *lowering head in shame* My name is Johanne Foster, and I am a chocoholic. 

So this past Sunday I woke up extremely early with a desire to make some muffins, 2 bars of semi-sweet chocolate and jumbo chocolate chips in the fridge, a meeting that afternoon with some colleagues.  I wasn't necessarily craving it, but I just love chocolate so much and an abundance of chocolate was in my fridge calling my name! What's a girl to do?  OOEY GOOEY CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS it is!

When I make muffins my batter makes anywhere from 8 to 12 muffins (depending on how I fill the cups), so I always end up giving them away (I also make these as take home gifts when I throw dinner parties).  The last thing I need is to eat 8 to 12 of these oeey gooey delights.  You know, when I'm writing my blog entries, recalling the memory of making and eating these yummy morsels, and knowing that there are none left in the house, it all just makes me wish I had kept a few in my freezer.  If you live alone, have personal diet restrictions, or don't have a list of people who would enjoy a muffiny treat, then freeze the extras! You can defrost the muffin to room temperature, nuke it for 15 seconds, or some combo of both before eating! They'll taste almost as good as freshly baked muffins.

Try these muffins and let me know what you think!  I  have a ton more recipes I'll be posting every week or so...So keep an eye out for future muffin recipes and chocolate delights!

No comments:

Post a Comment